About the Hopewell Valley Arts Council
The Hopewell Valley Arts Council is a growing organization dedicated to celebrating art in the everyday. By cultivating creative exploration and expression, the Council seeks to engage the community throughout the boroughs of Hopewell and Pennington, Hopewell Township, and Titusville. Defining art in the most expansive terms, the Hopewell Valley Arts Council aims to increase awareness and appreciation of, and participation in, visual, culinary, literary, performing and horticultural arts.
The mission of the Hopewell Valley Arts Council is to celebrate and promote art in the everyday, thereby nurturing a vibrant, creative and involved community. By broadly defining the arts, the Council’s goal is to cultivate creative exploration and awareness through a variety of events and activities that encourage participation, appreciation and artistic vision.
- Engage, support and expand the existing rich and diverse artistic community in the Hopewell Valley
- Nurture and foster creativity in the Valley
- Support local artists and artisans and showcase the breadth of talent that exists in the Hopewell Valley
- Increase appreciation and accessibility of the arts to the public; Shine a spotlight on the fun, celebratory, and accessible-for-all aspects of art
- Explore, expand and enrich opportunities for arts education for the residents of the Valley
- Create a vibrant, well-funded arts organization that builds community, encourages involvement and supports cultural needs
- Fund programs, events, and community spaces that support the visual, performing, musical, literary and culinary arts in the Valley
- Make the arts and opportunities accessible to all members of a diverse community, specifically addressing traditional barriers to participation such as disability, financial limitations and distance
- Connect and collaborate with neighboring art and cultural organizations and opportunities
The Hopewell Valley Arts Council, Inc. is a New Jersey nonprofit corporation with 501(c)(3) charitable organization status from the IRS. Contributions are tax-deductible to the extent permitted by law.