8. The use of stencils is permitted, but commercial pumpkin kits and pre-purchased pumpkin stencils are strongly discouraged.
9. Carvers must keep in mind that the audience will be broad-based and of all ages, so designs must be appropriate for public display. Designs that are religious, political or sexual in nature are not permitted. Corporate logos or advertisements, other than logos of the participating non-profit organizations, are not permitted. Carved pumpkins that do not conform to these guidelines will not bedisplayed. If you are uncertain about your design’s conformity, please contact us.
10. Each pumpkin will be pre-positioned on hay bales under 10 x 10 tents provided by the HV Arts Council for each carver. Pumpkins and hay bales may not be moved. But Pumpkins MAY be spun around or propped-up for enhanced viewing and ease of carving. Some bricks and rocks will be available to use as props. Carvers may also bring their own material for propping.
11. You may fill your 10 x 10 empty space in anyway you like, but keep in mind that the pumpkins cannot be moved from the hay bales. Nothing of any significant weight can be attached to the tent structure. Designs may extend below the top of the hay bales to the ground. Safety is of utmost importance. Please ensure that your pumpkin is constructed securely.
12. Completed pumpkin designs MAY be enhanced with man-made materials and components. In addition, natural material such as smaller pumpkins, gourds, corn stalks or sticks may also be incorporated into your design. Components other than the main pumpkin can be pre-carved or painted in advance.
13. The use of products/treatments to extend the life of your carved pumpkin is encouraged. (plantcaretoday.com/preserve-pumpkin)
14. Carvers may be asked to make minor repairs to their pumpkin if needed.
15. No vehicles are allowed in the Pumpkin Carve event courtyard. Please be prepared to transport all necessary tools from the parking area some other way. There will be one cart available, but you may need to wait while it is in use. We suggest you bring a wheelbarrow, wagon or some other non- mechanized form of transportation.
16. Bring chairs or blankets to sit on while carving. Bug spray is also recommended. Trash containers and buckets will be provided to facilitate cleanup. You are responsible for cleaning up your own area.
17. No pets or alcoholic beverages are permitted. Alcohol and carving do not mix well. ☺
18. Our visitors love to talk with the carvers. Feel free to hangout with your pumpkin during public viewing hours to answer questions and say ‘hello’ to your adoring fans.
19. Carvers give full permission for the Hopewell Valley Arts Council to use images of their pumpkins and day-of-event carving photos in promotional materials.
Thank you for bringing your creativity to the Amazing Pumpkin Carve! If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.