Local artists brought their A game to transform massive pumpkins into incredible works of art for the fifth annual Amazing Pumpkin Carve, running for one weekend only from Friday, October 11 to Monday, October 14. Judges also had their work cut out for them selecting the best of some of the very best carved pumpkins yet. Plan your visit and see for yourself!
Congratulations to our amazing artists who participated. So much hard work goes into carving massive pumpkins and the results were astounding. Our judges had their work cut out for them.
Here are our winners for 2019:
- Best in Show: “Webbed” by Caroline Hall
- Best Carving: “Octo-Pumpkin” by Jessica Kruscavage
- Most Original Design: “Fibonacci to …” by Lenora Kandiner & Tim Cresson
- Most Creative Use of Materials: “Morocco-O’ Lantern” by Anne Nixon-Ellery
- Funniest: “The Mask” by Michael Davies
- Best Use of Electricity: “Gourd Devotion” by Patrick Pasquito
- Scariest: “Good and Evil” by Kathleen Sheehan
- HV Arts Council’s Pick: “Monster in the Closet” by Aleece Davis & Jill Thomas
- Honorable Mention: “Hallows’ Eve Serpent” by Jeff Brown
- Honorable Mention: “Mmm… Brains” by Eric Schultz
- Honorable Mention: “S.S. Souless” by Jennifer Stevens
- Honorable Mention: “Bite of the Irish” by Darrell Tuomari
- Honorable Mention: “Halloween Party” by John Woodward
The event goes until Monday, October 14, so don’t miss your chance to see which ones are your favorite! For details and hours, please see the Plan Your Visit page.
THANK YOU to the artists and our amazing sponsors for making this event possible, supporting the Hopewell Valley Arts Council, and for bringing “art in the everyday.”