Please join us to celebrate art in the everyday at our upcoming events!
We are busier than ever, working with organizations throughout the greater Hopewell Valley to bring the community arts events, exhibits, and hands-on activities. Check back here regularly — we are always updating this page. Also, please feel free to follow us on Facebook and Instagram for all the latest information and events!
Like what you see? Please consider supporting us.
- This event has passed.
Call for Artists: Joy in the Everyday
November 5, 2018
Hopewell Valley Arts Council and the Arts and Healing Committee at Capital Health is pleased to announce Joy in the Everyday, a members exhibit scheduled for public display at the Investors Bank Art & Healing Gallery at Capital Health-Hopewell this winter. An opening reception will be held on January 10, 2019, from 6-7:30pm, to celebrate the exhibit and offer the patrons an opportunity to speak with you about your work.
Joy in the Everyday – Art is joy! Joy to the world! Celebrating the holiday season, this exhibit will feature art that exudes joy, color, and happiness. Artists have the ability to inspire, encourage, and motivate. Where does your joy come from? Each artist is invited to submit a short paragraph relating how creating art brings them joy in the everyday or to the world as a whole. Submitted paragraphs will be displayed with the artwork.
- All members of the Hopewell Valley Arts Council, of any age, are eligible to submit up to three pieces of artwork for consideration and must be willing to deliver and pick-up their chosen artwork. Artwork will be juried based on the number of submissions received.
- High-resolution electronic images of the artworks for consideration must be submitted no later than Monday, November 5 via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All 2-dimensional work in any medium will be considered.
- Artwork must be no larger than 36 inches in any direction.
- Artwork must be professionally presented, securely wired, and ready for hanging. Glass must be plexiglass.
- Acceptability is at the discretion of the Arts & Healing Committee of Capital Health.
- All selected framed artwork must be delivered on Monday, November 26, between 9am-2pm or Tuesday, November 27, between 6-8pm at the Hopewell Valley YMCA at 62 South Main Street, Pennington, NJ.
- All work must be offered for sale with 50% of the proceeds going to the artist, 25% to the HV Arts Council, and 25% to the Art & Healing Committee of Capital Health with sales handled by the HV Arts Council.
- If artwork is selected, members will be sent additional information.
The exhibit will be on display from November 29, 2018 to March 25, 2019.
If you are in need of any special accommodation, please contact us at least 2 weeks prior to a program or event.