Hopewell Valley Arts Council Annual Scholarship
Scholarship winners are those students who illustrate substantial talent and deep interest in their selected area of study, and demonstrate commitment to furthering their education in any aspect of the arts including fine arts, performing arts, culinary arts, literary arts or other forms of creative expression.
Our Past Scholarship Winners
These incredible students showed ongoing dedication and appreciation for art. For details, just click the images!
Interested in Applying for a Scholarship?
Scroll down to see if you’re eligible and fill out an application.
2020 Scholarship Winners: William (Liam) May, Alexandra Marcus, and Sullivan Meyer
2018 Scholarship Winners: Christopher Nadar, Maximillion Donaldson, Taylor Rae Carter, and Emmie Collins
2016 Scholarship Winners, with Randee Tengi, HVArts Council Past President: Reinah Bauer, Danielle Costanzo, Michaela Pietrinferno, and Demi Zhang (not pictured)
2017 Scholarship Winners: Kayley Sked, Kanon Shambora, Jake Csermak and Bryan Hill; with HV Arts Council Board Members
2015 Scholarship Winners: Ahn Francesca Nong, Katherine Cleveland, Ian Goldsmith, and Tara Schmitt
Hopewell Valley Arts Council Scholarship Eligibility Requirements:
Our scholarships are awarded to four Hopewell Valley Central High School graduating seniors who illustrate an intent to:
- Further their education at a 4-year college, 2-year college, or professional school; and
- Continue to study any aspect of the arts, such as fine arts, performing arts, culinary arts, literary arts, or other forms of creative expression.
Students applying for this scholarship must:
- Demonstrate substantial talent and deep interest in their selected area of study but do not need have received recognition or awards;
- Indicate their intended major or area of further study: and
- Provide a brief (one or two paragraph) essay or other artistic representation in response to the following: Recognizing the value of creativity and expression in all of our lives, the mission of the Hopewell Valley Arts Council is to celebrate art in the everyday. Describe (or show) how the arts have enriched your life and/or your vision for the future.
The essay must be submitted separately with a copy of the HVCHS Local Scholarship Application attached to the front.
When the scholarship application period is open, it will be available through HVCHS Counseling Services Office “local scholarship” application process.
Please be aware of dates set by the Counseling Services Office. They are set independent of the HV Arts Council and must be adhered to.